Below is a quick report from Google Partners Program. websiteTOON is a Google Partner based in Mississauga and Toronto.
- 79% of the USA population use the internet daily for personal use.
- When looking for information, 67% of the USA search online first.
Smartphone vs. Computer:
- 26% of the population use smartphones more than computers, with 72% on mobile and 85% on computers.
Weekly smartphone activities:
- 50% of the public use search engines weekly
- 42% check emails on their smartphone weekly
- 52% do social networking
- 41% watching videos online
- 41% look for product information
Advertising raising product awareness:
- 39% of buyers became aware by television adverts
- 18% via online advertising
- 10% in a magazine
- 10% in store
- 2% through radio
Before purchasing a product,
- 55% of the population research online.
Research time prior to purchase:
- 21% of people research moments before
- 14% hours before purchase
- 12% days before
- 14% weeks before
- 36% use a search engine to research prior to purchase
- 18% research retailer websites
- 21% research brand websites
- 4% search social media prior to purchase
- 26% of the population get ideas and inspiration online, 50% compared products and prices online, and 24% looked for opinions and reviews.
- 38% of shoppers research online when out and about for the following reasons:
- 33% to plan an activity
- 25% as a particular product / service was needed
- 14% to search for nearby shops /businesses
- 29% buy internationally due to better availability
- 30% due to an appealing offer
- 21% due to better conditions (service or price)
- 31% of people have made an internationalpurchase in the last 12 months